Do not stay at the Bandera Lodge Motel in Bandera, Texas!

Unless you are comfortable with filth, scum, dead cockroaches, stained linens and a foul stench from mold.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Below is a copy of the complaint I emailed August 7, 2007:

Dear Mr. Cortinas:

I checked into the Bandera Lodge July 27, 2007 and checked out early the next morning. My room was absolutely filthy! It had not been cleaned in years.
The bathroom was intolerable. The toilet had pubic hair and scum on the seat and rim. The shower and tub were coated with a thick scum and hair was everywhere. The floor had urine and USED TOILET PAPER on it. Wires were exposed in the ceiling light fixture. The sink had numerous cigarette burns and was corroded.
The carpet had trash and debris everywhere. There was a pile of trash in the corner by the refrigerator.
You could write your name in the dust on the tables. The sheets had an offensive odor.
The air conditioner was crusted with MOLD! The room had a foul stench.
When I complained to the PAKISTANI  manager/owner, he came to the room to check it out. When I pointed out the used toilet paper on the floor of the bathroom, he picked it up with is foot and put it in the toilet. He yelled, “It’s clean now…what do you want”! He became so irate, I feared for my safety! His eyes bugged out and he told me, if I did not like the room, then get out! He continued to scream at me as he left the room. I barred the door with a chair.
My friends had three other rooms at the Bandera Lodge that weekend and their rooms were the same as mine.
I have also attached three independent, unbiased Internet reviews confirming my description of the Bandera Lodge Motel.
Below are three Internet reviews of the Bandera Lodge Motel:
1) Worst Hotel I have every stayed in.
By riofest@sbcglobal.net from Harlingen, TX
01/14/07
Last Visit:
January 2007
Bathroom in Room 209 had not been cleaned in weeks. Dust and Black hair everywhere. Bead linens had cigerate burns (in a non Smoking room) and the towels should have been retired long ago. The pillows were also in need of tossing.

We checked - in late for a business meeting and stuck it out, for the one night. I met with Bandera citizens the next day and reported my experience. The others in our party also had similar experiences, and we had around 5 rooms.
Was this review helpful? Yes - No (Report Problem)
I stayed in room 209 July 27, 2007. January 14, 2007, the reviewer above states the bathroom had not been cleaned in weeks! By the time I stayed there in July 2007, I can confirm the bathroom had never been cleaned.
2) Terrible!
By A Yahoo! Contributor from Austin, TX
06/17/07
Last Visit:
June 2007
Bathroom was awful...very old and dirty. Our friends' bathroom had massive stains on the ceiling and appeared to be full of mildew. The bathrooms were so bad that all four in our party chose to skip using the shower. The sheets and towels had stains.

When we checked in they did not have the two rooms that I had confirmed by phone 2 days earlier. The front desk person said that there was an available king room on the second floor, but that we would not like it. I can't imagine how bad that room must be if it is worse than what we got!

Location is okay. But at $96 per night (w/tax) this place is definitely not worth it!!!
Was this review helpful? Yes - No (Report Problem)
3) Finally, here is an excerpt from an event coordinator who recommends NOT staying at the Bandera Lodge Motel:
BANDERA

100km & 50km & 25km
ENDURANCE TRAIL RUN
13 January 2007 ( 7:30am )
Accommodations http://www.tejastrails.com/docs/Bandera__Acc.html
ü River Oak Inn 830-796-7751
ü River Front Motel 830-460-3690
ü Running R Ranch 830-796-3984
After many bad experiences in 2005 & 2006, we suggest you avoid…
…Bandera Lodge Motel, Bandera Creek Guest Cottage, and Old Town Square

All of these people cannot be wrong! The Bandera Lodge Motel violates all standards of health and sanitation.
I have also filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General’s Office.
This motel should be shut down immediately!

No comments: